Yesterday I mentioned a couple of different types of Asters that I had noticed blooming. When I got home and went for a walk I noticed a few more and then this morning on my ride in I noticed another alongside the road. So:
- The Flat Topped Asters (tall, white) haqve been blooming for awhile
- Though more recent bloomers the Purple Stemmed variety have also been blooming for about a week or two
- On yesterday’s walk I noticed some Heart Leaved Asters Blooming
- Also another variety with small flowers, and
- Another variety with tiny flowers and pale, lime green leaves
- Then this morning on Magic Road I noticed some Asters that were blooming in the shade beside the road. Their flowers were about the same size as those of the Purple Stemmed variety (which grow in the sun)
The following doesn’t belong directly with the Asters, but it could have something to do with the season. As I was peddling down one of the back roads this morning a young bear ran across the road up ahead of me. Maybe he was picking Blackberries! Getting ready for hibernation.