Again I have neglected this series of posts, and summer does move on. With the Golden Rod and Flat Topped Asters blooming and the nights turning cooler (this morning it was 8 Celcius at home) I wonder how long I can speak of the “Signs of Summer”.
Other signs of these changes as they move on are
- The first Purple Asters started to bloom. I think these are the Purples Stemmed variety.
- The Black Berried Elders have started to ripen. The Cedar Waxwings are going to really be happy.
- So have the High Bush Cranberries
- And there is a good crop of Blackberries this year
- Time to start think of making some jellies
- The Deer Flies seem to be less active. Less aggressive. I have been able to take Magic Road on my bike. This morning I only squashed one Deer Fly!
- Even the Mosquitos seem a bit subdued.