I have sat down a couple of times to write a new “Signs of Spring” and have found the subject matter gone! I am going to try again.
In the garden:
- The Iris’ have started blooming
- As have the Poppies
In the wild:
- The Wild Blue Flag Iris’ have started blooming in earnest. We had some down at the bottom of the yard at the edge of a gully and it seams as if something more “muscular” has over come them.
- I finally got so tired of not keeping up to the “lawn” I took a scythe to it. I have been told it looks like a couple of goats got to it.
- It has been warm enough that when I walk the dog she wants to take the detour that goes by the creek. I would like to cool off like that too, but exposing skin for the sake of that could get bloody!
- The Mosquitos are also out in earnest!