This morning there was frost on the windshield of the car at 6:00 am and I later noticed some on the clover in the hayfield behind the house. I wonder how that will have affected the blossoms on….
- The apple trees, which started blooming this past weekend
- The Choke Cherries have also started blooming
- I even noticed open blossoms on the Haws this morning
- The Wild Violets this year are quite remarkable
- The Foam Flower is blooming
- The Mitre Wort too
- Upon returning home after work the call of the Great Crested Fly Catcher was pointed out to me
- We have also has a pair of Bluebirds around. Maybe they will nest in one of the empty boxes.
- The Barn Swallows are also back. I love watching them fly.
In the Garden I wonder if the frost will
- Slow down the lawn grass so I can catch up (tho I think that is just wishful thinking!)
- Transplant, transplant, transplant. The cool wet weather is good for that!