I think some are wondering of Spring will ever come. It does seem a little slow, but there are still signs despite the onslaught of contrary “signs”
- The first bird I heard this morning – well before actual sunrise, was a Brown Thrasher
- While out for a walk before breakfast the White Throated Sparrow was singing his Oooooh sweeeet Canada, Canada, with rather ‘bluesy’ tones. Maybe it was the weather and the colour of the sky, or maybe he too was thinking of the election!
- Also on that walk the Snowshoe Hare I spotted had lost most of his winter coat…still some white above the belly showing!
- While Environment Canada has a Rainfall Warning in effect, as the saying goes, “April showers………”
- That rain should help get rid of the remaining snow. There are some hard to find patches in the bush and the edges alongside the creek still have a good bit