With environment Canada posting a “snowfall warning” for the area this sort of post may be construed as a hopeful plea! Oh well…….
- In my walks in the bush recently I have noticed the minscule, anemone like blooms of the Hazelnut bushes.
- The Alder bushes have also opened their pollinating bodies
- A nearby Manitoba Maple was so covered in Red-Winged Black Birds and Grackles that it seemed to be a ‘black-leafed’ tree
- Despite the snow the other day, it is all gone from the yard and one has to look for it in the bush out back………for the time being
- More Crocus and Snowdrops blooming in the garden, with more plants showing green everyday
- The Bluebird was around again recently
- On my last ride into work I flushed a dozen Wood Ducks. Both male and female